Roasted Shrimp and Veggies Bake
ROASTED AND BLACKENED GARLIC AND LEMON BROCCOLI
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
1. Melt the butter or use oil on low heat in a saucepan. Add in the onion and cumin. Cook for about 5 minutes until onion is translucent.
2. Add in butternut squash, carrots, and vegetable broth.
3. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low heat with lid on top for about 30 minutes until vegetables are fully cooked.
4. Blend together soup with a hand blender. If the soup needs more liquid add more water to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
A healthy protein packed breakfast or snack!
*Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
*Stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill so they are easier to roll into bites.
*Roll into bites and store in the fridge the bites will last for up to a week.
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup chopped yellow squash
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 whole wheat or flour tortillas
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or Vegan cheese
1. In a large nonstick pan, cook red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Remove vegetables from pan.
2. Coat the same pan with cooking spray, and place one tortilla in pan. Sprinkle cheese evenly over tortilla, and layer with the vegetable mixture. Cook until golden on both sides, for approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove quesadilla from pan, and repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each quesadilla into triangles with a pizza cutter. Serve hot.
Grilled Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs with Cilantro Sauce
1 pound of shrimp
2 Red Pepper
2 Yellow Squash
Cilantro Dressing (Trader Joes)
Salt and pepper to taste
Marinate Shrimp and Veggies in Cilantro Dressing for 10 Minutes
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Put the shrimp and veggies on skewers and place on the grill. Grill on each side for about three minutes or until no longer pink.
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Jar of Salsa
1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
large flour or whole grain tortillas